Shabby Miss Jenn

June 18, 2008

My Baby is 6...




Our boys get birthday parties for certain ages. On the years they do not get a party Michael and I take them to dinner and to pick out their birthday present. So tonight we took Jager and his best friend Abram (they have been friends since they were 3 and 6 months old) to Toys R Us where they picked out some transformers and a small drum set that came with maracas, a harmonica and a tambourine. I know WHAT WAS I THINKING. Then it was off to Macyos Mexican Food. The waiters all sang to Jager he was so embarrassed and happy at the same time! Then it was time to dig into the dessert, fried Ice cream, well who needs a spoon after a while Jager just picked up the ball of very hard ice cream and chomped away. So with dinner and shopping over we headed home with Abram to spend the night. Of course when we get home the toys and drum set are quickly torn into and I hear one of the older boys setting up the "band" we have a keyboard so with the new instruments it is a full fledged group! Everything seems to have quited down now and the thought of my baby being 6 is just more than my heart can take, our children are such wonderful gifts. They bring such joy and unconditional love. When I was a little girl I dreamed of being a Mom when I grew up, well I can say with absolute certainty all of my dreams have come true, I am truly blessed!

No comments: